Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2014

*Bonus Post* (2nd) Liebster Award!

Wow; can you believe it?! I was nominated for another Liebster Award, this time by Hannah of House Vegan! Thanks so much, Hannah! 


Once again, here's how it works when you're nominated:
1. Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominees.
2. Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.
3. No tag backs.
4. Nominees must have under 200 followers on any platform.
5. You must tell all the blogs that you nominate that you have nominated them.


Here are Hannah's questions and my answers:

1. What is your favorite application for chocolate? (Baked goods, hot chocolate, etc.)

Right now, hot chocolate. Other times, brownies. Most often, though, I'll just eat it plain. :)

2. Tea or coffee? Why? 

Tea; there's so many fun varieties & I can have it without needing to add anything. (I'm stubborn in this regard; I don't like the smell/taste of coffee, so I feel that if I have to add tons of sugar/milk/flavoring to it just to make it drinkable, what's the point?)

3. What was one food you detested as a kid, but grew to love as an adult? 

Broccoli, definitely. I remember one time my dad tried to get me to eat broccoli by preparing a really cheesy sauce for it. I loved the sauce, but still didn't care for the broccoli. Now, however, a day doesn't feel complete without broccoli, haha! (Plus, I can even eat it plain, as long as it's at least been steamed.)

4. Do you remember your first celebrity crush? Who was it? 

Not sure, maybe Billy Gilman? He was a young country singer when I was in grade school. (I don't know if he still sings; I don't listen to country music anymore.)

5. How old were you when you stopped believing in magic? Did you ever stop? 

When I was younger, I believed in nature magic & I also hoped that the magic in Harry Potter was real, writing down spells as I read along and practicing them just in case. I guess I still believe in magic, in a general sense, though I don't think about it much.

6. What is the messiest room in your home? 

Right now, it's the library room because that's where we've been tossing stuff we haven't found a place for yet. Everywhere else I keep pretty clean & organized.

7. If you could open up your home to any farm animal what would it be? Assume you were given all the resources needed to make this a reasonable scenario. 

Probably a pig because I'd read that they get along well with cats. Can you imagine Buttons and Leela living with a pig? :)

8. Where was the farthest away from home that you've ever traveled? 

New Orleans, Louisiana. That was one long car ride, haha!

9. What one kitchen tool do you use the most (utensils and plates excluded)? 

Probably my saucepan (one-pot meals for the win!).

10. Do you have any Fall traditions? What are they? 

Apple cider! During fall, we buy a gallon of local apple cider every week. I also put up fall/harvest decorations & then wait until October 1 to start with the Halloween decorations.

The 8 bloggers I nominate are:
 
Colleen of Adventures in Vegan Bento 
Lily of HERRRBIVORE 
Stephanie of Reading, Eating, Running 
Taylor of REAL FOOD + TRAVEL 
Rosalie of quinces and kale  
Maggie of Veg Fiend 
Tamara of Vegan Life in Paradise 
Lysette of Vegan Varg

And here are the 10 new questions for the people I've nominated:
1. What is your favorite vegan documentary?
2. Have you ever visited a sanctuary? (If so, which one? If not, which sanctuary would you like to visit in the future?)
3. What is your favorite aspect of fall/autumn?
4. What's your favorite way to decorate a pumpkin (carving, painting, etc.)?
5. What was your favorite Halloween candy as a kid?
6. Have you found/made a vegan version of it?
7. What book would you recommend someone to read if they were thinking about going vegan?
8. Do you prefer cooking or baking?
9. What do you like to do on cold, rainy days?
10. What is your favorite fruit?

And, like I said to the first round of people I nominated, please don't feel any pressure to answer the questions, especially if another blog nominated you before I did. Finally, thanks again to Hannah! (Everyone else, go check out her blog if you haven't already! She's had so many awesome recipes this MoFo; I've bookmarked a ton to try!)


Much love to all my fellow Vegan MoFo bloggers!


Peace. :)

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nomination Julie! I am with you 100% on one pot meals! Win everytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colleen! I've really enjoyed reading your posts during MoFo! :)

      Delete
  2. Julie, thanks for all your support and comments! It's been fun. I think I am burned out now, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course; I've had such a great time reading your posts, Cat! :) And, yes, Vegan MoFo can definitely wear you out!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the nomination Julie :) Your questions have me feeling the Autumn spirit.
    - & Magic forever! -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the questions, Lysette!
      Yay, magic! :D

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the nomination! I will answer tonight. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Looking forward to reading your answers, Maggie! :)

      Delete
  5. Yay! I tooootally remember Billy Gilman! I don't think I've thought about him in almost 15 years, but I do remember. Flash back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, glad I could bring back some memories, Hannah! :)

      Delete
  6. Julie thanks so much for the nomination how exciting!
    I answered your fab Qs here
    http://katieeatsvegan.com/2014/10/26/lovin-the-liebster/
    Sending lots of love!

    ReplyDelete