Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

*Bonus Post* (3rd) Liebster Award!

I feel so honored; I was nominated for another Liebster Award, this time by Laura of Banana Curl, Vegan Girl! Thanks so much, Laura! 


Here's what you do when you're nominated:
1. Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominees.
2. Nominate 8 other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post.
3. No tag backs.
4. Nominees must have under 200 followers on any platform.
5. You must tell all the blogs that you nominate that you have nominated them.


Here are Laura's questions and my answers:

1. What is your all time favorite vegetable? 

Broccoli. :)

2. Pick a holiday you celebrate. What would you like to make for the meals you eat for it this year? 

Thanksgiving is at my aunt's house, so she does most of the cooking, though I usually bring along a potato dish. If I were hosting Thanksgiving, here's what I'd make: A Tofurky roast (still have yet to try one!), stuffing, mashed potatoes (in addition to my other potato dish), lots of veggies (corn, peas, maybe roasted vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, carrots), nice rolls, oh and gravy, and a soup (maybe my dad's French onion soup, veganized).

3. Do you care about giving veganism a positive example through your life and what you put out into the communities you interact with? If so, how do you strive to maintain that positivity? 

Yes, I always try to be positive and have a sense of humor about it. I can be serious when needed and silly when needed. I also have several vegan buttons on my bag, and a couple vegan message shirts.

4. Do you have a favorite vegan type of saying? For instance, I really like what my Compassion Company shirt says “Anything you can eat I can eat vegan?” 

I have several, but one of my favorites, which I have on a shirt from Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary, is a quote from Jenny Brown: “Animals are here with us, not for us.”

5. Are you interested in other types of ethical/philosophical justice issues? What are they and how do you involve yourselves in them? 

Yes, I'm very interested in LGBT+ issues, economic justice, and prevention of DV/IPV (domestic violence/intimate partner violence). I'm a shy person, so I try to be confident in conversations with family and friends, to bring awareness of these issues.

6. What would you tell someone who confided in you they were thinking of going vegan but felt overwhelmed about it? 

I would first say, “YAY! That's awesome!” Then I'd say, “Let's try to figure out a plan...” I'd ask what specifically they felt overwhelmed by, and go from there... For example, cooking for themselves: I could help them identify some kitchen essentials and simple recipes with ingredients that are already familiar to them. Eating out at restaurants: Encourage them check online or call ahead for what vegan options they can get so they won't feel overwhelmed when ordering. Being with non-vegan friends and family: Explain that it can be tough, but discuss some ideas to make it easier. Getting enough variety: Help them plan out a month's worth of meals, picking a new dish for each meal. (Sorry if I went overboard with this answer, I volunteer as a vegan pledge mentor, so I'm used to thinking about this situation, haha.)

7. What was the first thing you cooked for yourself when you went vegan? 

Probably something simple like pasta or rice with vegetables and soy sauce.

8. How long have you been a vegan for? 

I've been vegan for over four years.

9. Do you celebrate your veganniversary? 

I don't remember the exact date I went vegan, so no. I should just pick a day and go with it.

10. If you could travel to any vegan friendly city in the world, where would you choose to go? 

Warsaw, Poland (see Vegan Sweet and Simple's Poland post).

The 8 bloggers I nominate are:
Ana of Ana's Rocket Ship
Danielle of Baking Backwards
Emily of Czech Chica's Noshery
Kim of Daisychains and Dandelions
Katie of katieeatsvegan
Stacey of Plants vs Plump
Sarah of Tofu Sarah
Cate of A Travelling Cook

And here are the 10 new questions for the people I've nominated:
1. What is your favorite recipe?
2. What was the most recent dessert you made?
3. What is your favorite vegan cookbook?
4. What is your favorite place to get vegetables (grocery store, farmer's market, CSA, growing your own, etc.)?
5. If you could pick any animal to be for a day, which animal would you choose & why?
6. Do you prefer sweet or savory dishes?
7. What do you like to use as a vegan egg substitute?
8. What was your favorite book as a kid?
9. If you could be a guest star in any TV show currently on the air, which show would you choose & why?
10. Which of your posts from this Vegan MoFo are you the most proud of?

To my lovely nominees: There's no pressure to participate & answer these questions, especially if you've already been nominated by someone else. 


Finally, thanks again to Laura! (Everyone else, go check out her blog if you haven't already! She's shared so many amazing recipes this MoFo; you'll be sure to get some great food inspiration from her posts!)

Much love to all my fellow Vegan MoFo bloggers!

Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. thank you so much for inviting me, I'm writing something up, will msg you when it's done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Looking forward to reading your answers! :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! I especially love your answer for question #6! I actually asked that question because I'm hoping to start a vegan mentor program in my city and I wanted some different perspectives than my own. :) You brought up some really good points I've been considering myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, glad I could help! Best of luck with the vegan mentor program; it sounds exciting! :D

      Delete
  3. Yay! I love your answer to #6. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't know exactly when I went vegan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! Yeah, I always feel weird since I don't have an "official" veganniversary, so it's nice knowing other people who don't either! :)

      Delete