Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Forbidden Rice Ramen

Hello on the 15th day of the Vegan Month of Food! How is it possible that we are already at the halfway point? Tonight's dinner is another of my finds from the health food store, one of which I would have been skeptical had I not seen Anzia's post over at Peace, Love, Be Vegan where she wrote about eating “forbidden rice.”


Now, bear with me, I know this might not be the most photogenic meal, but it is delicious, simple, and awesomely purple!


It was so quick to prepare; literally, just boil the water, chuck the ramen in, simmer for 4 min. (I did it for a little longer), add the seasoning, stir, and serve (I sprinkled some chives atop, too).


Seriously, how cool is this? This block of black ramen...


...turns into a ton of soft, yummy, purple noodles!

Round Two, hehe.

The package said it was two servings, so I started out with just half the pot, but it was so good that I came back for the rest and ended up stuffed! Definitely healthier than regular ramen, plus it was reduced sodium, so for once I didn't get that gross sodium-overload feeling I'd come to associate with ramen. Hooray!


Silly Buttons, however, never seems to get full. She was super dramatic last night about being a poor, starving kitty. She kept crying for more food, even though she'd already eaten, and finally she hopped up & settled down on the little blue bench next to her (empty) food bowls. With a heavy “woe-is-me” sigh, she decided to take a nap and dream of noms unending. Zach snapped these shots of her:



Leela was super wired this morning, darting back and forth to get out her energy (she wasn't interested in toys or yarn for long). She's quite the sprinter, and it's amusing to watch her go. Later, once she'd chilled out, she decided she wanted to cuddle, so we did for a bit. I mean, really, how can you resist cuddling with someone this cute? (Again, photos by Zach.)



Peace. :)

8 comments:

  1. I bought this at WF yesterday (because it was purple). I haven't tried it yet, but this makes me excited to. 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for purple! Hope you enjoy the ramen! :)

      Delete
  2. That ramen looks awesome. Ramen has never been something that's excited me, but this ramen, this ramen looks fricken fantastic. I've been wanting to try forbidden rice, but I didn't realize they also made forbidden rice ramen. I think I know what I'll be picking up soon. -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! Yeah, I was all set to try forbidden rice, and then I saw this, so I thought, why not? :)

      Delete
  3. I have that sitting on my counter. Now I know it's good. :-) Buttons has the most pitiful look in that picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome; hope you enjoy it! Yes, she sure does! :)

      Delete
  4. Wowzers! How awesome are those noodles. I'll be hunting them down in the UK for sure :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are great; fingers crossed you find some for yourself! :)

      Delete