Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

French Fries, Veggies, and a Smart Dog

Hello on the 10th day of the Vegan Month of Food! Tonight's dinner features two dollar store food items (French fries and mixed vegetables) as part of my dollar store vegan theme, along with a smart dog (extra from the picnic) on a piece of bread “bun” (extra from what I bought for the French toast), and the staples of ketchup, mustard, and salt.


Super simple meal to put together, and while it wasn't anything too exciting, it was still good for a dinner that came out of the freezer. 



Lunch was leftover black beans from yesterday, with more brown rice from the dollar store.



Buttons and Leela have been their usual funny selves. Leela tried to wake us up early this morning; she focused on Zach first, and when he burrowed under the blankets, Leela turned to me and ended up curling up at my side, purring and purring... Until Buttons tried to jump up onto the bed... In the exact spot where Leela was... and then thought better of it halfway through the jump. 


Leela is still trying to figure out if she wants anything to do with her scratching mat.


And Buttons has been loafin' it up ever since I posted the first “loaf kitties” photos.

Peace. :)

12 comments:

  1. Hi Julie
    I have a question. How do you manage to get more people directed to your blog? What about the "Labels" for example?! I am so NOT techi. Happy MoFo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine!
      I add the labels as I type the post (not sure how your page looks when you are typing a new post, but for me, the "labels" section is on the top right under "Post Settings," just type words/phrases that describe what the post is about, separated by commas). Not sure how much it helps other people find my blog (I use labels more for my own organizational purposes), but I guess it can't hurt!
      Another helpful thing to do is to visit other MoFo blogs and leave nice comments on their posts. :)
      Also, if you have any social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), you can share the link to your new blog posts there.
      Hope this helps & happy MoFo to you as well! :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much. Sometimes it all seems a little daunting...

      Delete
  2. I dunno, a mountain of french fries is pretty exciting to me! Lovin the loaf kitties :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I am also down with a pile of fries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! They are both such goofballs. :)

      Delete
  5. Loaf kitty pictures are so cute! I'm loving your dollar store week ☺

    ReplyDelete