Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Hot Chocolate

Hello on the 20th day of the Vegan Month of Food! Today is the final day of my health food store vegan week, and the highlight of this post is Dandies marshmallows, used in a much-needed hot chocolate! 


I wish I had a video of my reaction when I saw these in the health food store. I think it included an “Eeeeeee!” and clapping and a “Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!” I was so excited! I haven't had a marshmallow since going vegan, and I'd heard so many good things about Dandies, just never seen them around before. 



Zach and I decided to make hot chocolate tonight, and since these were big marshmallows, I cut them up into smaller pieces. (Zach says he thinks he remembers there being mini ones, too? I can't remember; I just grabbed this bag in my excitement. But either way, it worked out.) The marshmallows were amazing, and the hot chocolate turned out well (just coconut milk, cocoa, and marshmallows).



Another item I got from the health food store was tea that was on sale (two boxes, one chamomile and one rooibos).



So last night I had chamomile tea. Yum!



Finally, the Just Mayo was actually something I picked up during my dollar store vegan week, but I didn't talk about it then since I didn't get around to trying it out. Why I'm mentioning it now is because I also saw it at the health food store, in a bigger size. (I forgot to check the price, so I couldn't do a comparison on which is actually cheaper, but to me, it doesn't matter. I'm much more inclined to get the dollar store one simply because it seems like the perfect size for me. I don't use mayonnaise that often, and I'd rather it not go bad. But for people who have mayo parties, maybe the bigger size would work out to be a better deal?)



My lunch today was mac & cheese with the Daiya pepperjack and some leftover green pepper, with tortilla chip crumbs sprinkled atop for some crunch! And then I headed off to visit my kitty friends at the shelter & two got adopted while I was there! Yay!



Dinner was random and quick because I didn't really feel like cooking: French fries (seasoned), Beyond Meat chicken strips, and carrot slices.



Buttons decided to get freaky tonight:



“Well, that was weird.”

P.S. Bonus post coming soon! Plus, check back in tomorrow for the start of The Veganlist, my veganizing of foods from The Blacklist!

Peace. :)

4 comments:

  1. I had to cut up the marshmallows to make hot chocolate too because the store didn't have the mini ones at the time. It all worked out and tasted great though. The cat pictures (and caption!) are too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not I'd never had marshmallows until after I went vegan and I only had my first bite last week! I understand totally why you were eeking and clapping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you finally got to experience the sugary, fluffy goodness of marshmallows! :D

      Delete