Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Simple Pasta and Veggies

Hello on the 7th day of the Vegan Month of Food! Today is the start of my dollar store vegan theme, wherein I will feature various vegan foods that can be found at dollar stores! Tonight's dinner features two of these foods, plus some leftovers. 


Earlier today, Zach and I made a quick trip to Dollar Tree and filled a basket with some of the many vegan goodies we discovered. Some items in the store looked promising until I scanned the ingredient list and found them to contain completely unnecessary animal products. But overall, there's quite a lot of vegan food items to choose from at Dollar Tree stores. 


14 items, $14 total.

Tonight, I wanted something quick, so pasta and frozen veggies it was! The frozen vegetable mix contained cauliflower, zucchini, Romano beans, carrots, and red pepper. I left out the carrots because I still had some leftover agave-glazed carrots to finish. 


Seasoned with Bragg's Liquid Aminos, served with carrots and tomatoes.

It was a quick, simple dinner, nothing fancy, but still good.

Before the dollar store, we stopped at the pet supplies store to pick up some things for Buttons and Leela (scratching post & mat, litter). Zach noticed a cricket loose in the store, and we realized that he was an escaped cricket, one the store had intended to sell as lizard food. I wished the cricket well as Zach helped scoot him under a shelf so he wouldn't be spotted by the staff.

Buttons was more interested in the catnip that came with Leela's scratching mat, so much so that she actually jumped up onto the table to try to get some. Zach put a sprinkling of catnip on her new scratching post, and Buttons had a blast.


"Oh, yes, that's the good stuff!" *lick* *lick* *lick*

He also sprinkled some catnip on the floor for Leela, but she was uninterested. 


"Thanks but no thanks."

Peace. :)

5 comments:

  1. I totally would have saved the cricket too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess your dollar stores are like our poundlands but there's not a lot of food sold in them and hardly any vegan food but today I'm going to have a scout! Hopefully I'll find something ☺

    ReplyDelete