Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tom's World-Famous Pancakes, Gluten-Free

Hello on the 23rd day of the Vegan Month of Food! Up next on The Veganlist is Tom's world-famous pancakes, gluten-free.


I have to say I loved this scene because Tom was so puffed up about his pancakes...




...and Liz could clearly care less, and then Tom asks her to marry him again, to renew their vows... (C'mon, man, you've only been married two years, dial it back a bit, haha) ...and then when he leaves for the day, Liz just loses it, smashing the plate before tearing the house apart. 





To make Tom's pancakes, I used the gluten-free pancake mix from Bob's Red Mill. The recipe on the back of the package was: 1 ½ cups pancake mix, 1 egg (I used 3 T mashed banana), ¾ cup milk (I used soy), and 1 T oil (I used canola). Mix it all together, and get making your pancakes, pretty simple. Mine came out a little thick; I think the recipe was supposed to make 8 pancakes, but I got 6 out of it.



I added the rest of the banana, sliced, as well as some blueberry syrup to three of the pancakes (and saved the others as leftovers for tomorrow).



I say, YUM!



They turned out pretty good, probably would have been better thinner, but other than that, everything was good.



Bonus quotes from this episode (Season 1, Episode 18, “Milton Bobbit (No. 135)”):

Liz: What?
Dembe: This paint – what color is it?
Liz: It's called “Chicago Skyline.”
Dembe: Nice.

(Sorry, I just loved that bit for how random it was.)

Just as I was sitting down to write this post, Buttons spotted a cricket by one of the heating vents, and she chased him around until we were able to intervene. While I held Buttons back, Zach scooped the cricket up into a cup and held a piece of cardboard over top. We took him outside and set him free; Buttons was a bit grumpy about it.


"Really?! How dare you take my crickets away from me?"

Leela, on the other hand, doesn't quite get Buttons' fascination with bugs.

"You and your silly crickets."

Hope anyone who watched The Blacklist last night enjoyed it. I'm still thinking through what happened, but I think two of the best things were: A) Liz's reasoning regarding her name, and B) the developments regarding Harold's character.


Hot chocolate in my Vegan MoFo mug last night while I watched The Blacklist.

Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. I'm secretly glad it's back, even though I said I wasn't going to watch it (hate the gory bits) and that I'd just check out episode summaries online. I was too annoyed about poor Meera. I think I'll watch it just to see if Liz and Ressler hook up! And for the love of cake I WISH Liz would stop turning her back on a bad guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know, I can't handle the really violent/gory parts; I cover my eyes and have Zach tell me when it's done and what happened so I don't have to see it. I was super upset about Meera; I don't think I'll ever forgive the writers for that! It seems likely that Liz & Ressler will get together this season. And, yeah, c'mon, Liz; be alert! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Panda With Cookie; I know I will! :D

      Delete
  3. Yay! The MoFo mug in the wild! How fun. Also, you made me want pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks, Jojo! Pancakes are the best! :)

      Delete