Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Vegan MoFo 2014 Wrap-up

Hello on the 30th day of the Vegan Month of Food! This month has flown by so fast! So much cuteness and so many great themes! Tonight's final Vegan MoFo post will include my five favorite dishes, as well as a super long list of the bookmarked recipes I want to try! But first, here was today's lunch...

Mac & cheese with potato chips and pickles.

...And tonight's dinner.

Avgolemono (with added broccoli, diced red onion instead of shallots, and vegan chicken broth instead of vegetable broth).

Five Favorite Dishes I Made This Vegan MoFo:
 
Garlic Green Beans, Smashed Potatoes, and Spicy Corn

 
Classic Cornbread and Down-Home Chili

 
French Toast

 
Burger, Fries, Veggies, and Spice

 
Meera's Avgolemono

Recipes I've Bookmarked to Try:

 
Banana Breakfast Rollup from A.Cook in the Making


Chilly Monkey Biscuits from Adventures in Vegan Bento


Miniature Whole Wheat Soft Pretzels; Easy Apple Nachos; and One Minute Flourless Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Brownie from AfroVeganChick


Thai Chicken Laksa from Alien on Toast


Pizza Rolls from Bake Eat Love


Broccoli, Cheese, and tempeh bacon pot pie; Jackfruit Chick’un Noodle Crockpot Soup; French Onion Soup; and Chamomile Lavender Cupcakes from Banana Curl, Vegan Girl


Fabulously Fruity Muffins from Cat and Ju Vegan Cooking


Sesame Sriracha Noodles; Vegan Jackfruit BBQ; and Harvest Wild Rice Salad from Danielle Atkins


Easiest Weeknight Pasta Ever from East Meets West Veg


Carrot gnocchi with fennel en papillote and Chickpea flour pancakes with cumin and fresh coriander from Eating with the Rabbits


French Fries and Drown Your Sorrow Waffles from Evolution of Jill


Super Cheesy Easy Mac & Cheese; Popcorn Chick'n; and Cinnamon Sugar Bagel Chips from Floral Frosting


Grandma's chex mix; Toasted Walnut Maple Buns; Vegan Cheez Its; and Country Fried Seitan with Homemade Seitan Cutlets from House Vegan


Rosemary and Potato Focaccia from iheartcrapkitchen


Vegan Stovetop Mac and Cheese and Easy Broiled Breakfast Sandwiches and the Best Tofu Ever from Jessicat Cooks


Polish Potato and Cheese Pierogi Made Vegan and Aloo Paratha from The Judgmental Vegan


Potato Cheese Soup from Just the Food


Apple Cranberry Hand Pies from Kim Cooks Veg 4U


Pretzels from KZ Cakes


Onion Cake from Life by Six Mile Creek


Broccoli Corn Chowder and Apple Muffins from Lisa's Project: Vegan


Vegan Buckwheat Tabbouleh and Vegan Orange-Glazed Tempeh from Odd Little Vegan


Garlic Knots from Peabrain and Nosewhistle


Cream of Mushroom Soup from Plant Base Living


RAW LEMON, LAVENDER, VANILLA, PISTACHIO BITES from REAL FOOD + TRAVEL


Cawl; Welsh onion cake; Creamy leek soup with garlicky bagel croutons; and Leek and cashew pizza pie from Rosie's vegan kitchen


Runner Bean Pie; Couscous Stuffed Vegetables; Asparagus Pea & New Potato Pakoras; Homemade Tomato Sauce; and Courgette & Lentil Loaf from Self Sufficient Cafe


Buttermilk Dill Smashed Potatoes and Sprouted Chickpea Hummus from soy division.


Pureed Broccoli and Cheezy Soup from Sprouts and Chocolate


Chikn Noodle Soup with Rosemary Bread Rolls; Smokey Potatoe Baycn Bisque with Dark Rye Bread; Italian Wedding Soup with Gluten Free Basil Crackers; Cheezy French Onion Soup with French Baguette; Thai Coconut Curry Noodle Soup with Roti; and Mushroom-Burger Soup with Soft Pretzels from stairway to vegan


Split Pea Soup from the sunflower kitchen


Vegan Orange and Pecan Rooibos Teabread from Tea and Sympatico
 

Filthy Toxic Hot Chocolate from Thistle and Yellow Rose

Biscuits and Gravy; Lentil Loaf; Peanut Sauce with Super Easy Tofu-and-Broccoli; Vegan Chicken N' Noodle Casserole; and Rich Brown Gravy from Tofu Mom


Five-Cheese Baked Pete-aroni and Cheese and Deep Dish Mac & Cheese Pizza from V for Vegan


Cherry Buckwheat Breakfast Salad from Veg Fiend


Chick'n pot pie and Chick'n noodle soup and A Bac*n sandwich the TbLT from Vegan Knyquol 


Sweet Rolls and Sweet and White Potato Pancakes with Mushroom Sauce from Vegan Sweet and Simple

Lemony Risotto with Shiitake Shrimp from Vegan4One


Vegan Ham Cheese Stromboli from veganopoulous


Fudgy Black Bean Brownies and Chocolate-Orange Chia Pudding from vegga


Golden Gravy; Dijon Mushroom Potatoes; and Cheezy Baked Macaroni from VeggieSue's Veggie Adventures


Jewelled Rocky Road Bars from veghotpot


Smoky Chickpea Stew from Walk, Talks and Eats


Sweet & Easy Dessert Rolls and Squirrely Cookies from x means no onions


Pizza Burger from Zsu's Vegan Pantry

New Blogs I've Started Following:

I've updated my “Blogs I Follow” in the sidebar, so check it out! (Some, like House Vegan, Sprouts and Chocolate, and Panda With Cookie won't show up because Blogger keeps rejecting them when I try to add them to my list, but I'll keep trying!) I know I'll be adding more in the coming weeks; I still have a bunch of Vegan MoFo blogs to visit and read through!

Some More Vegan MoFo 2014 Highlights:

Buttons on the Round Up,
Winning the Vegan MoFo mug giveaway,
33 posts,
And nearly 6,000 pageviews!

And finally, an addendum to my favorite themes (how did I forget this one yesterday?): Soup & Bread by stairway to vegan.
 

I hope you all have had a great time this Vegan MoFo! Here's to an even better one next year, and lots of cooking, baking, and blogging in between! 

Buttons and Leela enjoyed meeting everyone this year, but they're going to rest up now; they're all worn out from having their pictures taken so much! 




Peace. :)

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for including me! :-) I love those cat eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Your blog's been so fun this MoFo! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, you've got a lot of yummy-looking recipes to make! Happy end of MoFo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosie; happy end of MoFo to you, too! I'm being really ambitious this time with so many recipes bookmarked! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad I found your blog during MoFo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Panda; glad you've enjoyed it! Your blog has been so fun; I'm looking forward to future posts! :)

      Delete
  4. What a good list, I found so many I didn't see! Thanks for putting it together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole; glad I could help! :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for mentioning the Fabulously Fruity muffins. They are my all time favorites.You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cat! I can't wait to try making them! :)

      Delete
  6. YUM YUM YUM! Sorry I JUST discovered you blog NOW that Vegan MoFo is over...sigh...I'm sad it's over...still blogging tho! Swing by my place when you can. Are you planning on still blogging?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! Vegan MoFo is such a whirlwind of activity, isn't it? Glad you found my blog; I'm still planning on blogging, just not everyday, haha! :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, 33 posts - you are my MoFo hero! I'm still catching up on some of the blogs I didn't get to read last month, so I really enjoyed clicking through this list. :)
    - Bonnie

    ReplyDelete