Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Carrot and Raisin Muffins

Today I made the carrot and raisin muffins from Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food.


My changes were to use 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour (instead of ½ all-purpose and ½ whole wheat; I was out of whole wheat), only ¾ cup grated carrot (I got tired of grating, haha, plus this way the carrots were equal to the raisins), and I left out the optional pecans or walnuts. 



Everything mixed together easily, and I actually thought I might have leftover muffin batter, but it ended up fitting just perfectly in the baking cups (so I guess it was good that I didn't use as much grated carrot as I was supposed to).



I then baked them for the recommended 20 minutes, and let them cool before trying one. 



Aside from some chunks of the muffin sticking to the baking cup, it was perfect.



Very tasty, nice and soft, not dry at all, definitely something I will make again.


Here's Leela in the sunshine and Buttons on her favorite napping perch.



Peace. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Aw, and Leela got the perfect spot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did, indeed; she loves the sun! :)

      Delete