Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

French Toast Casserole

For my new recipe this week, I figured I would try making a French toast casserole.


I used the French toast recipe from Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food to make the French toast coating. 


I then layered the coated bread in a baking dish (lightly oiled with canola oil) and added some raisins in between just for fun. 

Out of the oven

I baked it for 20 min at 400°F, taking it out midway to add a bit more of the coating on top.

Cut up, with blueberry syrup added

Overall, I wasn't as impressed with it as I hoped I would be; however, this version did have some redeeming qualities, such as using less oil, wasting less of the coating (I usually end up with too much left over), and requiring less attention.


The leftovers were better, plus I sprinkled a bit of leftover pretzel salt on them, which helped.



Sleepy Buttons and Leela from earlier this week. 



Peace. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment