Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

Veganized Orange Chik'n

My new recipe of the week was the veganized orange chik'n from Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food


My changes for the orange sauce were to leave out the mirin and only do ½ cup sugar.


The tofu (chik'n) was easy enough to prepare, just cut it into small pieces and bake it, though a few of the pieces ended up sticking to the foil, so I'll have to be sure to use a bit more canola oil spray next time.


The orange sauce was easy, too, until I got to adding the cornstarch and I was too focused on measuring out the right amount to whisk it into the rest of the sauce in time and I ended up with several clumps of cornstarch. So the sauce ended up being a bit thinner than it was supposed to be, but I actually liked it that way.


Overall, I really liked this recipe. The sauce was a bit spicy (I always think that, don't I?), but very delicious. I'll definitely make it again.

Served with brown rice and steamed broccoli.

I had some of the leftovers for lunch today; this time I added in some carrots as well, and thoroughly mixed everything together with some of the extra sauce.


YUM!


Here is Buttons loafing on top of her nest of empty grocery bags.


And here is Leela all cuddly, keeping warm in the bed.


Peace. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment