Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

Random Food Since January

Hello everyone! Today's post features some of the stuff I've eaten and taken pictures of, but not blogged about, since the start of the year. But never fear, I still tried a new recipe this week, in fact, two new recipes. Together, my mom and I made the tempeh piccata, as well as the black-eyed peas and cauliflower from the cookbook Chloe's Kitchen. Good stuff! 



Now let's get started looking back on some of the new food I've tried since January. First up are the vegan cheddar flavor squares from Earth Balance. These were a pretty good snack; I enjoyed them.




Next we have some potatoes and carrots, baked with some onion soup mix.



I tried the Dr. McDougall tortilla soup; it was alright, but probably not something I'll get again. 




These were a special surprise from England; super delicious and I still have two left! Sure, a brown pudding isn't very photogenic, but it tastes amazing! 




Next up is an Amy's soup (Golden Lentil) I decided to try from the health food store. I love lentils, so I had high hopes for it, but upon trying it and finding out that everything, except apparently for a bunch of fennel seeds (?), was blended together, it was a bit too weird, texture-wise. The smooth, blended lentils would have been fine; taste-wise, it was absolutely delicious... but the whole fennel seeds really messed up the otherwise smooth texture and made it tough to enjoy. 




I tried two more of the Dr. McDougall soups: Thai Peanut and Garlic Vegetable. The Thai Peanut was alright; I preferred the Garlic Vegetable soup.






Next up is a let's-use-up-some-leftovers lunch: Tortilla chips, leftover black beans, and melted Daiya cheddar. 



Valentine's Day dinner with Zach: Spaghetti, Boca chik'n patty with some Daiya mozzarella, and garlic “bread” (bagel), with sparkling cider. 



I tried two new ramen that were on sale at the health food store. The lemongrass ginger one would be perfect for when you have a cold, and the Asian vegetable one was good as well. 






The new hummus I've been having with pretzels for a snack (it's good except for the pine nuts).


And finally, grilled cheese sandwiches featuring Field Roast's Chao cheese slices (creamy original), served alongside some Amy's vegan chicken noodle soup. 



And that about wraps it up! I'll probably do another one of these posts in a few months. For now, here's Buttons & Leela hanging out. Leela got to the sunshine first, but Buttons loves her little perch, so she didn't mind. 



Peace. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment