Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

Thai Peanut Sauce

This week's new recipe was the Thai peanut sauce from Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food


I decided to try this one because my normal “peanut sauce” is just peanut butter, soy sauce (well, Bragg liquid aminos), and water, so nothing too exciting or fancy.



Overall, this was an easy recipe to put together, except for mixing the peanut butter in with everything else (the sauce still had some lumps). Note: I left out the vegetable stock and sriracha. 



I tried the sauce in a wrap of rice, broccoli, and carrots. The sauce was good, but I think a little too thin for my liking, so if I make it again, I might adjust the amount of coconut milk and/or leave out the water. And I think I'll try heating the sauce next time, which should help the peanut butter mix together more easily. 



But until then, I have a bunch of Thai peanut sauce to use up, and the next dish I tried it in was whole wheat spaghetti with green beans and some crushed red pepper flakes.



Here's Buttons & Leela sharing the sunshine.



Peace. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment