Pages

Friday, April 10, 2015

Easter Recipes

As mentioned in my last post, I tried out two new recipes for Easter: Chickpea “tuna” salad (a modified recipe from the PAN Vegan Pledge) and chamomile lavender cupcakes (recipe from Banana Curl, Vegan Girl). 

Chickpea “Tuna” Salad 

 
Ingredients:
--1 can chickpeas
--1 small carrot, diced
--1/2 stalk of celery, diced
--squirt of mustard
--1 T vegan mayonnaise (I used Just Mayo)
--a few drops of Bragg liquid aminos

Directions:
Drain & rinse the chickpeas, mash them with a fork, and then add the rest of the ingredients, mixing everything together. Serve with crackers.



Chamomile Lavender Cupcakes 

 
I pretty much followed the recipe as is, though I left out the lavender extract (because I couldn't find any) and I tried using blueberry juice as a natural purple food coloring for the icing (didn't work out too well, though, haha). And instead of using a food processor for the sugar, chamomile tea, and lavender, I hand-ground them, with some help from Zach. The cupcakes turned out really well, quite delicious and moist, so this is definitely a recipe I will make again. 



Today's been a bit of a dreary day, so here are pictures from a month ago of Buttons & Leela being sunshine kitties. 




Peace. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment