Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Mushrooms with Orange Sauce

This week's new recipe was a spin-off of the veganized orange chik'n I made earlier this year. 


The main change was that I substituted mushrooms for the tofu. I also used less sugar this time around (only ¼ cup). 



I sautéed the mushrooms in canola oil at the beginning, with the ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes, then added the rest of the ingredients for the orange sauce. 



It turned out alright, though the mushroom texture was definitely different compared to that of the tofu, and overall, I do prefer the recipe with tofu (making it this way just meant I didn't need to use the oven). 



I decided to have some of the leftovers with pasta, which was good, though I still felt a bit weird about the mushrooms' texture. Ah well, it was worth a try. 



Here's Leela & Buttons, enjoying the sunshine as always. 




Peace. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment