Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Mushroom Gravy

This week I tried out yet another recipe from Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food. The mushroom gravy recipe made enough for four servings, so I tested it out in four different dishes. It was simple to prepare, and I minced the mushrooms small enough that I didn't feel the need to do the optional blending at the end, though I may try that next time, just to see what it is like as a smoother gravy. (The changes I made from the original recipe were that I only used 1/4 teaspoon pepper and and 3/4 cup vegetable stock.)

The first way I tried the gravy was with mashed potatoes (this was probably my favorite).






I also tried it mixed in with brown rice because the author mentioned that combination in the recipe introduction. It was pretty good, but I think I prefer gravy with potatoes. 






The third way I tried the mushroom gravy was with some Old Bay spice mix fries; yum!






And finally, today, I had the last of the gravy in a Boca chik'n sandwich, with fries on the side, another delicious meal! 






So, bottom line, the mushroom gravy is definitely one that I will make again, as it is very delicious and versatile.

Buttons and Leela, while soaking up the sunshine yesterday, kept getting closer and closer, until Buttons finally stretched and bumped her head against Leela's tail. It was quite cute!







Peace. :)

2 comments:

  1. Definitely gravy & potatoes over gravy and rice for me! It looks good on that sandwich though :o)
    Love seeing the photos of your cats, they are adorable x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the sandwich was really good with the gravy!
      Thanks; glad you enjoy their photos! :)

      Delete