Pages

Friday, July 17, 2015

Lemon, Lavender, Vanilla, Pistachio Bites

This week I tried another of my bookmarked recipes from Vegan MoFo 2014, the Raw Lemon, Lavender, Vanilla, Pistachio Bites from REAL FOOD + TRAVEL.


My main changes were using roasted & salted pistachios instead of raw, using hemp (instead of vanilla) protein powder because I had a little sample pouch lying around, using cranberries instead of pitted dates, and leaving the lemon zest out of the coating.





These were simple to put together and I love that they didn't need to be baked. They turned out well, a bit sweet, but good. I'm definitely interested in trying out different variations of this recipe in the future.





As for Buttons, she did great at her yearly checkup earlier this week and was weighed to see that she has lost one pound in her first year with us! Yay for Buttons and her 15 pounds of cuteness!



And here's Leela; she proved her adventurousness today by jumping up onto my lap while I was sitting in my desk chair, and then jumping from there onto my desk, where she posed regally, taking in the sights from her new vantage point. (Buttons has jumped up onto my desk several times, but this was Leela's first time.)



Peace. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment