Pages

Friday, August 7, 2015

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

Last week, our neighbor came over to trim back his hedges that had grown over onto our side and also trimmed some of our bushes nicely, so to thank him, I decided to bake him a chocolate zucchini cake. I used this recipe, leaving out only the chocolate chips and the raisins/cranberries. 


It turned out really well (I got to try it when he invited us in to have some with him, haha!), and so the next day, I made another one for myself, baking it for only 35 min this time to keep it a little more moist. Delicious, delicious! 



In other news, look what came in the mail yesterday...



...it's my proof of the book I am self-publishing about Mystery! I've already torn through the first 20 pages with my red pen, and I'm going to work more on editing it again today; I'm so excited!

Here's Leela in her box-fort from Alena... 



...and Buttons hanging out at the base of the fan. 



P.S. The Chester County Vegan Festival takes place TOMORROW (Saturday, August 8) from 12-4 p.m. at Hoopes Park in West Chester, PA. If it's anything like last year's, it will be awesome for sure!

Peace. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oooh you're writing a book?? I wanna here more about that! I'm jealous that you have a relationship with your neighbor. All of my favorite neighbors have moved, and our new ones keep to themselves :/. The cake looks delicious. I love zucchini bread, but I've never had a chocolate version before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed! I actually wrote it back in April 2013 during Camp NaNoWriMo; it's around 30,000 words, basically just an imagining of Mystery's past before we adopted her. :)
      Thanks! I always had chocolate zucchini cake growing up; it was only last year that I finally made a non-chocolate version, haha!

      Delete