Pages

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Pierogi

I tried another bookmarked recipe this week with my sister Alena, and it's one that I've been looking forward to for a while: the Potato and Cheese Pierogi from The Judgmental Vegan. We often had pierogi (and kielbasa) growing up, so it's something I've missed, plus our Poppy would get super creative with fillings the times when he made his own pierogi. 


I halved the dough recipe and only kneaded it for 5 minutes instead of the full 10 since my hands were cramping up. We made two different fillings, the first being potato and cheese (with some salt, pepper, and vegan butter), and the second being potato and blueberry since Poppy's blueberry pierogi stood out in our memories. 




They turned out pretty good, and now that I know how to make my own pierogi from scratch, I'm definitely going to make them more often and experiment with different fillings.


potato and blueberry pierogi

potato and cheese pierogi (side one)

potato and cheese pierogi (side two)

Here's Buttons sprawling out, and Leela hanging out in the bathroom. They both seem to prefer the hottest parts of the house during the day. Silly kitties.




P.S. Coming up in a week is the Chester County Vegan Festival; hope to see you there!

Peace. :)

4 comments:

  1. Those perogies look absolutely fantastic. Thank you for sharing a link to the recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! I also ate lots of pierogis and kielbasa as a kid, and so I crave them from time to time. The pierogi, not the the sausage :). I'm super intrigued by your blueberry addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! Yeah, I don't miss the kielbasa nearly as much as the pierogi, haha! Blueberries are a surprisingly delicious addition! :)

      Delete