Pages

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Fall Vegetable Plate with Sausage

Hello everyone! Today's prompt is "Autumn equinox eats," and while it would have been awesome to put together a harvest meal, my garden didn't work out this year. (I planted too late, and it looks like all I'm getting from it is a tiny, oddly shaped cucumber.) Not to be discouraged, I simply put together a meal featuring the veggies I'd hoped to grow in my garden... 


Here we have broccoli and carrots (oven-roasted with garlic salt, along with one of the leftover sausages from yesterday), kale and snow peas (steamed), and tomato and cucumber slices.



All in all, it was pretty delicious, and I hope next year I'll be able to recreate this dish, but with veggies I grew myself!



Oh, and look what I'm going to have for tea time tonight!



In today's kitty news, Leela got to the sunshine first, and Buttons was jealous.




Meanwhile, Cringer and Daisy played together.



Peace. :)

10 comments:

  1. That tea looks SO COOL! And I kill cress- so don't feel bad about planting too late!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ana! Yeah, I think I'll just view this year as a practice run for my garden, haha! :)

      Delete
  2. That is one colorful and healthy plate of food!

    ---tiny, oddly shaped cucumber---some years are like that in the garden. I had success with tomatoes and peppers this year, but my squash didn't do anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose! Glad to hear your tomatoes and peppers did well! :D

      Delete
  3. Awwww kitties! And the food looks great, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely colourful plate and I love rooibos chai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; it's definitely my favorite fall tea! :D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Of course, it didn't take her long to steal Leela's spot -- they are still learning to share the sunshine, haha! :)

      Delete