Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Glen's Honey-Roasted Nuts

Hello everyone! Today's prompt is "Quick, easy and delicious," which is perfect for another Veganlist day.  

Glen's Honey-Roasted Nuts
[from "The Kenyon Family" (No. 71) (Season 2, Episode 12)]
 
 
Red: I am not taking you to St. Petersburg.
Glen: You are if you want to know where the safe is.
Red: How do I even know you've found it?
Glen: You don't. But I got two weeks of vacation I got to take before the end of the year, or I lose it.
Red: It's February!
Glen: We could take your jet, have a few laughs on the way, some of those nuts – the honey-roasted ones... 



I referenced Miss Kitchen Witch's recipe for Vegan Honey Roasted Peanuts. My ingredients were the following: slightly less than 1 lb peanuts, 1/3 cup Bee-Free Honee, 2 T canola oil, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp vanilla extract. I mixed them all together and then baked them as directed at 325°F for 30 min, stirring every 5 min. 



They turned out really tasty, but they clump together like no one's business. I'm excited to continue snacking on these for as long as they last! 



Some bonus screenshots from later in the episode... 






In other news, here's another Polish food post I've seen: Lazy Pierogies.

Oh, and the Vegan MoFo blogroll is up now; I'm so excited to check out all the participating blogs because I know I've definitely been missing a bunch of them!

Finally, today was a fun mail day! I got a cute card from my mom, complete with comics and other newspaper clippings... 



My order from Compassion Co for this year's Thanksliving t-shirt (plus bonus goodies, and Buttons' feet, lol!)... 




And my order from Chickpea magazine; they mentioned a sale on twitter, so I used one of the discount codes to get the fall bundle (2013 & 2014). I'm really looking forward to reading through them; it's such a beautiful magazine! (P.S. The sale ends tomorrow if you want to get on that!) 



Here's Buttons sniffing the turkeys... 



And Leela comfy on top of my shorts... 



Peace. :)

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh those sound yummy! I used to love honey roasted nuts, but I haven't had them since going vegan. So in a really long time! I need to remedy this.

    Love those cat feet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! They are yummy indeed & the Bee-Free Honee is so good, I could honestly just eat that on its own, haha! :)

      Delete
  2. The colour on those peanuts looks perfect! And I love that they're in a VeganMoFo mug. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie! Yes, the VeganMoFo mug was perfect for them! :D

      Delete