Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

The Animals!

Hello everyone! Today's prompt is "Honor a human or non human animal who inspires your veganism." For me, veganism will always be about the animals, and visiting sanctuaries is my favorite way to connect with the lucky ones who are no longer exploited by humans. Simply being in their presence is a re-charging experience, and I treasure being able to visit such incredible individuals and learn their stories. Here are some of the many photos I've taken over the years.

for the Animals sanctuary* (July 2012)






Woodstock Farm Sanctuary (July 2013)





for the Animals sanctuary* (October 2013)




Me & Amy (photo by Zach)


Kari chats with Zach









Chenoa Manor (November 2014)








*the animals now live at Skylands Animal Sanctuary & Rescue

What's a MoFo post without a food pic, so here's the pizza bagels I had for dinner tonight (I used a mix of Daiya cheddar and Follow Your Heart mozzarella).



And of course, having Leela and Buttons in my life is quite the lovely, inspiring thing as well. 



Peace. :)

10 comments:

  1. it's so nice to see all these pictures of farm animals just living happily in the world, as they should. How lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amey; visiting them is always such a great experience! :)

      Delete
  2. I've seen some lovely posts today about sanctuaries. I would be really good to get to visit one sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you'll get to visit one someday soon! I'm still planning which sanctuary I'm going to visit this year! :)

      Delete
  3. So many beautiful animals you have been able to visit with. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan; they are all so wonderful and dear! :D

      Delete
  4. I love your post! It reminds me of our visits to sanctuaries. I am sharing this post on Vegan MoFo Blog weekly Round Up. Thanks!

    Zsu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Zsu! Your weekly round ups have been fantastic! :D

      Delete
  5. Always for the animals! I loved the pictures of the animals!

    ReplyDelete