Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Liz's Toast, Bacon, and Tea

Hello and happy MoFo! The prompt of the day is “Rise and Shine! It’s MoFo time! Tell us about your breakfast.” My breakfast is almost always cereal (with soy milk, chia seeds, and a bit of coconut oil) and orange juice. I figured that would be rather short and boring for a Vegan MoFo post, especially for the first day, so I decided to veganize something from The Blacklist instead. That's right, The Veganlist is back! I have about 13 foods from The Blacklist (Season 2) that I've managed to match up with the daily prompts, and the first of them is Liz's favorite breakfast, which Tom ordered for her at the restaurant before she arrived (obviously not pancakes). 

Liz's Toast, Bacon, and Tea
[from "Karakurt" (No. 55) (Season 2, Episode 21)]


Liz: I don't know you, not the real you. And the fact that you think I'm gonna run away with whoever you are means that you don't know me at all, either.
Tom: Hmm.
Waitress: (to Liz) You must be the toast, bacon extra crispy, tea, 2%.
Tom: Thank you.
Waitress: Mm-hmm.
Tom: I thought you'd be hungry.
Liz: Just because I'm eating this...

Tom: All right, look, I know...

Ezekiel bread (7 sprouted grains) toast with Earth Balance butter & Tofurky tempeh smoky maple bacon

Earl Grey tea with a bit of soy milk

Bonus quote from the episode:
Liz: (interrupting Red) I am listening to what you are saying, and I know that it's important, but it is no more important than what I am telling you, and I need you to listen to that.

The third season premiers on October 1, so it's just one month away, and I can barely contain my excitement. Here's the trailer for Season 3 (trigger warning for guns, violence, blood)...



And of course, on a more cute and cuddly note, Buttons and Leela('s tail) are here to bring today's post to a close. Here they are from a hot day in July, where they both wanted to be near the air conditioner in the bedroom while pretending that the other wasn't there, haha!




Peace. :)

11 comments:

  1. I love tempeh bacon! That looks like a delicious breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Tempeh bacon is the best! :D

      Delete
  2. I love tempeh bacon! That looks like a delicious breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I still haven't watched this show, but the tempeh looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I recently started re-watching the first season (I think it's my fourth time watching it, actually); I'm way too obsessed with this show! :)

      Delete
  4. Nooo don't ruin your Earl Grey with milk! Black is the way to go! ;)
    I'm excited to MoFo again with you this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Jill, I completely agree with you! I never add soy milk to my tea; I prefer it plain, but I made an exception this time because I wanted to stick to the script as close as possible, haha! Thanks; I'm excited, too! :)

      Delete
  5. I think I have to watch The Blacklist and make this breakfast! :) Happy Vegan MoFo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elyse! :) Let me know what you think of it if you watch it (there's some messed up parts that I have to cover my eyes for, but other than that, it's a great show, haha).

      Delete
  6. Veggie bacon and Earth Balance-y toast is one of my all time favorite snacks! Yum yum yum. Also, cats! So looking forward to a month of Buttons and Leela pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah; I definitely enjoyed it! Glad you're looking forward to their pics; I've already gotten some ridiculous ones of Buttons all sprawled out on her back, so dramatic! :D

      Delete