Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Lunch on the Go

Hello everyone! Today's prompt ("Lunch on the go") fit perfectly with our busy day today! Here's my lunch (part 1), which I ate while waiting for Zach to get ready...

leftover Polish pizza
 
Then we walked to the Ukrainian Festival... 




We went into the folk art exhibit and they had a beautiful map of Ukraine with dolls (dressed in traditional regional clothing) and pysanky arranged across it...

Does anyone else ever have one of those moments where you've been vegan so long you can't imagine why something wouldn't be a vegan version? I had that experience with the pysanky; I got all excited because I remember having a wooden pisanka, so I just assumed they were all wooden because why would you use actual eggs if you didn't have to, right? And only just now, while writing this post, did I realize they could very well have been real eggs, since that's what's traditional, so while I won't include any pictures, here's a chart about the symbols used in decorating pysanky.


Sorry for the bit of glare.

This was one of the most adorable things I've ever seen.

The door opened & closed on its own.


Then we headed out to help Zach's parents pack & move stuff...



We stopped at WaWa along the way, and that's where I got my lunch (part 2)...


carrots & celery with peanut butter

plus my trusty water bottle

Heading back home...


to be continued...

Leela and Buttons aren't in the mood to guess...




Peace. :)

8 comments:

  1. The Ukrainian Festival looks really interesting! I love the idea of carrots and celery with PB on the go. I'm going to steal that idea for a work lunch this week. Waiting in anticipation for the to-be-continued story to unfold :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elyse; it was pretty neat! Hope you enjoy it; it's a great combo. The to-be-continued has now been continued! :D

      Delete
  2. That little scene with the animals is great. Looks like a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a cute scene & I loved the animals' outfits! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the combo of potatoes and kielbasa on your pizza.

    The festival looks like fun; the animal village is adorable.

    I know what you mean when you're surprised something isn't vegan...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose; lots of fun & cuteness indeed! :D Yeah, it's so jarring when that happens!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh.... is there someone in that carrier? I await the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed, though there were actually two someones! :)

      Delete