Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Old Bay Seasoning

Hello everyone! Today's prompt is "Favorite herb or spice?" Some of my favorites include rosemary, ginger, and cinnamon, but today I want to focus on my most recent favorite spice mix: Old Bay Seasoning. (Or at least my homemade version of it, which contains salt, dry mustard, paprika, pepper, ginger, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, and crushed red pepper flakes.) 


It's already awesome since it has ginger in it, but I especially like it since I made it myself, and while it's definitely spicy, it's not too spicy. Tonight I used it to season some fries, which I had with carrots and leftover fried chicken. Delicious!




added ranch to the carrots & bbq sauce to the fried chicken

In other news, here's a pretty sky pic that I took today during the historic walking tour of the north side of Phoenixville. 



And of course, here are Buttons, Cringer, Daisy, and Leela... 






Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this! I can imagine it might make a good rub for baked tofu too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks & that's an awesome idea! :D

      Delete
  2. Nifty that yours is homemade. I bought a bag of it for a few recipes in my books but I haven't used it much. I did put it on hot chips once, which was very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! I definitely want to try it on more foods! :)

      Delete