Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Orange Kielbasa Bowl

Hello everyone! Today's prompt is "Fusion Challenge!" I had no idea what to do for this prompt until Monday night when I mentioned it to Zach and he suggested (after first making a comment about hydrogen), "Why don't you make a Polish burrito?" Since I'd just had a burrito that night for dinner, I didn't want to do another burrito post so soon, but it got me thinking... I still had the extra Tofurky kielbasa from my Polish pizza (which I now realize could be considered a fusion meal, haha!) in the freezer, as well as the orange sauce packet from the Gardein Mandarin orange crispy chick'n (having used the chick'n to make fried chicken), so what if I were to combine them? Presenting my Orange Kielbasa Bowl, a Chinese-Polish fusion dish that I made for dinner tonight... 

instant white rice with carrots and broccoli, topped with sautéed onions and kielbasa in orange sauce

It turned out alright; it wasn't my favorite, I think partially because I love the Gardein chick'n so much that having the kielbasa instead of it was a bit disappointing, but it still worked. 



My lunch was pretty good, though, and I guess it could be considered fusion as well; I made a miso soup cup and stirred in the last of my franks and beans leftovers. Yum!



I can't believe today is the last day of the Vegan Month of Food; it was so much fun, but it went by way too fast! I enjoyed finding new blogs, as well as catching up with old favorites as well! And there's still a bunch I haven't even gotten to yet! (I tried to comment on as many as I could, but Wordpress seemed to have something against me this year, so apologies to any Wordpress blogs if my comments didn't make it through.)

Post-MoFo, I'll go back to blogging once a week, and I have tons of new recipes bookmarked that I want to try, so I'm excited! Also, tomorrow is October 1, which means I'm going to start decorating for Halloween, yay! And a heads-up for anyone who enjoyed my Veganlist posts – tomorrow night is the Season 3 premier of The Blacklist, so be sure to check it out!

Last but not least, here are Daisy, Buttons, Leela, and Cringer.






Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. Excellent fusion. :)
    I have really enjoyed reading your MoFo posts and seeing you kitty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Susan! Your posts & Gizmo photos have been great this MoFo! :D

      Delete
  2. Bowls are GREAT!
    The kitty pics made my day!
    It was so great getting to know you this MoFo! I would LOVE to keep a bunch of us in touch year round! Check out this specific post on my blog
    http://blissfulyogajourney.blogspot.com/2015/10/end-of-vegan-mofo-15-off-season.html
    CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jennifer! I just added the off-season image to my blog, linking to your post! So excited! :D

      Delete
  3. Love your fusion idea! I haven't been commenting on your posts but I've been reading them every day and I love all the things you've made. Keep it up! October will be a fun time to blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jill! Definitely looking forward to continuing blogging! :D

      Delete