Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

Peanut Butter, Brown Rice, and Carrots

Hello everyone! Today's prompt is "What three endless food supplies would you take if you were going to be stranded on an island? (Imagine your nutritional needs have been met, these are a bonus!)." I knew peanut butter had to be one of them, so from there, I decided the other two would be brown rice and carrots (I would have said broccoli, but I'm all out, lol).




It's not too exciting, but my peanut butter brown rice is one meal I never seem to get tired of eating. If I'm going to be stuck on an island, I'll need something like this to see me through!

brown rice & carrots (with a bit of Bragg liquid aminos and a spoonful of peanut butter), served with lentil chips

In other news, my post for Day 18 (The Animals!) was featured on the third week round up! And tomorrow will be another Veganlist post!

Leela, Buttons, Cringer, and Daisy all decided to play along and imagine they were stranded on an island, too. Here they are pretending to keep an eye out for a rescue boat!






Peace. :)

20 comments:

  1. Very good watch cats you have there!
    I think peanut butter is pretty essential for any sort of stranded situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! Peanut butter (or things containing peanut butter) seemed to come up in several posts for this prompt, haha! :)

      Delete
  2. I saw you on the round up...congrats! I love the flavor combo of brown rice, peanut butter and carrots....I think your on to something there. I think it would be a big hit on the island...since we're all going to be there of course, sharing all our favorite goodies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose! Indeed, it would be an awesome potluck with all of us sharing our three food choices on the island! :D

      Delete
  3. Oooh those are 3 good things to have. Especially the peanut butter. Rice would definitely come in handy and carrots are great =)
    Such cute kitty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shots of the kitties is spot on! Especially with the narration of the look-out; they look perfect for the role! Peanut butter seems to be a popular pick to take along :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks, Zsu! Yes, peanut butter was definitely a popular choice! :)

      Delete
  5. Those lookout poses are top notch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally LOVING the cat pics and the food - of course - too!!!!
    http://MyBlissfulJourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good choices. I would not have thought of putting the three together but can imagine it's tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a tasty combo for sure! :D

      Delete
  8. PEANUT BUTTER IS SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks - I'm going to try out this combo real soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would never have put those ingredients together but that sounds so good! Trying it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emil! Hope you enjoy it! :D

      Delete