Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2015

The Kings' Franks and Beans

Hello everyone! Today's prompt is "It’s cold and rainy and there’s a snow drift outside your door! What are you going to make using the ingredients you have?" So it looks like it's time for another Veganlist post!  

The Kings' Franks and Beans
[from The Blacklist, "T. Earl King VI" (No. 94) (Season 2, Episode 14)]
 


 
Following today's theme, I found a smart dog hanging out in the freezer, and dug out a can of kidney beans I've had in the cupboard for a while. 


Seeing that I had the other ingredients, I used this recipe, halved, from House Vegan. (BTW, if you haven't checked out her eBook yet, you really should; I tested four of the recipes, and they all turned out awesome!) These franks and beans were pretty good for being thrown together with what was available, so I'm glad I disregarded Red's warning. I'd love to retry this recipe someday with the right beans (pinto) and enough vegan hot dogs; I'm sure it would be even better then!



Bonus quotes from the episode:
Liz: I risked my life for you because I care about you. Deal with that. And when someone does something nice, you're supposed to say "thank you."
Red: Thank you.
Liz: You're welcome.
Red: But never do it again.

Here are Buttons, Leela, Cringer, and Daisy... 






Peace. :)

8 comments:

  1. That looks like some good hearty comfort food to see you through being snowed it. I love somewhere that could be a possibility this winter so I'm enjoying collecting ideas today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much; it definitely is! Sounds like a good way to plan! :D

      Delete
  2. I love franks and beans! I also have a really bizarre love for veggie dogs so maybe I'm biased :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Franks and beans are pretty awesome indeed! :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! Definitely can't get enough comfort food! :)

      Delete