Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Vegan Road Trip Essentials

Hello everyone! Today's prompt is "What would you bring on a vegan road trip?" My motto for road trips (and life, lol!) is "A vegan is always prepared!" Depending on the length of the road trip, I usually have at least one reusable grocery bag full of snacks and easy-to-prepare foods. Zach likes to tease me about how much food I bring along, but even though we stop along the way to eat and I can almost always find something veganizable, I still like to munch on snacks during the drive. So, if I pack them, then that's less stopping and more road tripping awesomeness!

I like to have these veggie chips on road trips.


Granola bars are always a good idea.

And some nuts & raisins are key.


Apples are nice to have, too. I pack cereal, orange juice, and soy milk for breakfasts, and bring along soup cups as just-in-case lunches.



Finally, I make sure to take my trusty water bottle, plus I always have mints, hand sanitizer spray, chap stick, extra napkins/tissues, and a plastic fork in my bag. 



And while this isn't a Veganlist post, I think it definitely contains some good suggestions for snacks that Red and Liz might enjoy while they are on the run...



P.S. Be sure to check out the giveaway for Vegan Bowls!

Here are Daisy, Cringer, Buttons, and Leela...






Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. I think it is always better to pack too many snacks than not enough. You don't want to suddenly find yourself hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed; the more snacks, the better! :D

      Delete
  2. I love those vegetable crisps. The soup cups are a great for travelling. I'd love to find something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; the soup cups definitely come in handy! :)

      Delete
  3. I love those chips made out of all the different vegetables! I can't eat regular potato chips anymore, they are so boring compared! I just bought the "chicken" flavored ramen on my last trip to the grocery store. I have them at work in case I get hungry and don't have anything to eat! But you are right, a vegan is always prepared :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are so good & so much tastier than regular potato chips! The "chicken" flavored ramen is another good one -- I also really like the hot & sour soup cup! :)

      Delete