Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Watermelon

Hello everyone! Today's prompt is "What’s your favorite late summer food?" Since fall is only a week away, these last few days of summer really need to be cherished, and what better way to do that than with watermelon! 


Watermelon is awesome, but I didn't have much of it this summer, so I'm enjoying it now while it's still in season. There are so many ways to both eat and drink watermelon (as Susan demonstrates in her post today), but I prefer to eat it plain, experiencing all its summery goodness without any distractions!





Well, that's about it – a nice short post for today. I think I'll head outside and do some reading!

Here's a pic of Leela and Buttons, each in their own little patch of sunshine.



Peace. :)

12 comments:

  1. Oooo watermelon is a good one! I always forget how much I miss it until the next summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! Watermelon is such a great part of summer! :)

      Delete
  2. I love watermelon too! I'm like you, I just eat it straight and get it while I can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Rose; watermelon is awesome just the way it is! :)

      Delete
  3. Your watermelon looks beautiful! I was sad I couldn't actually get any watermelon to take pretty cut up watermelon photos on account of the season being all wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! The pictures you did share were lovely, though! :)

      Delete
  4. I love watermelon! I really wish that I had some right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ana! I just finished up the last of it after my dinner last night & I already want more, haha! :)

      Delete
  5. Ooh, good choice. I haven't had much watermelon this year either. I did see a lot of them the last time I was at the market, so maybe I'll still be able to buy one before the season is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie! Sounds like a great idea to get one before they're done for the season! :)

      Delete