Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Fall Foods

Hello everyone! Halloween is just a couple days away, and I can hardly wait! Here's some of the fall foods I've enjoyed this month...

First up is "best snack ever" aka pretzel sticks with melted chocolate chips...



Next is the Simple Baked Sweet Potatoes from The Raw Project (I added cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice as the seasonings)...




Here's the awesome food from when I visited my sister Alena in Philadelphia. We went to Blackbird Pizzeria for lunch...


Alena had a slice of pepperoni pizza.

I had a slice of veggie supreme pizza.

We also decided to share a seitan "chicken" parm...

...and a seitan cheesesteak.

(Of course, we couldn't finish everything, so here were my leftovers.)

I bought a kitchen sink cookie (chocolate chips, potato chips, pretzels, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, and oats) on our way out, which we shared later at Alena's place with tea.

We passed this adorable mural (on the side of the building for an animal rescue).

And I got a free copy of Slingshot from Wooden Shoe Books, which I read on the train ride home.

Centerfold.

When I got home, I made sure to harvest my little garden before the frost.

Next up is the Greek Lemon Soy Curls and Potatoes from The "V" Word (I left out the olives and parsley)...




And here's something new I tried, but wasn't too fond of; it was too sweet, more like a pumpkin pie puree...




Yesterday I made mashed sweet potatoes (with ½ T vegan butter, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice), a sprinkle of sugar, and some cranberries on top)...




...And baked Halloween cookies... I used the following cookie cutters, but the cookies expanded a bit too much while baking, so they morphed but are still delicious, haha!





Once Halloween is over, it will be that most magical time of the year, the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)! It will be my 6th time participating, and I'll be sure to keep you updated on my progress throughout the month.


Here's Cringer and Daisy, being silly...




...And Buttons and Leela briefly sharing the sunshine until Leela decides, "nah, nevermind"...




Peace. :)

10 comments:

  1. Pretzels and chocolate, yum! Great idea. I love chocolate with potato chips, I know I'd love it with pretzels too.

    Good looking plates of food! I love the sound of your sweet potato mash.

    Good luck with NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rose! NaNoWriMo is going well; I passed the 10,000 words mark yesterday! I still need to try chocolate and potato chips; it sounds like a fun combination! :)

      Delete
  2. Blackbird Pizzeria is my favorite in Philadelphia! I remember not believing it was real when it first opened, which is a shame because it is probably the best pizza in Philly, vegan or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blackbird Pizzeria is amazing for sure! :D

      Delete
  3. I wish I could go to Blackbird, it always looks so great, though I guess I am very far away from there. ;)
    It is spring here, so I am thinking about completely different foods, but your autumn food looks great. Really, I think autumn food is food all the time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! It's a shame Blackbird is so far from you! And I agree with you about autumn foods hehe! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm loving all the sweet potatoes around at the moment! This all looks very tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! I'd never given sweet potatoes enough credit before, but I really enjoy them now! :)

      Delete
  5. Um pretzel sticks with melted chocolate chips is the best snack ever! How have I not tried this before? Yum!
    I'm quite intrigued by the cookie with chips in it. Sounds great =)
    Your cookie cutters are adorable.
    Almost as cute as your kitties ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kimmy! The kitchen sink cookie was definitely fun! :)

      Delete