Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

MidWeek Munchies, #1

Hello everyone! Jennifer at My Blissful Journey started a MidWeek Munchies Link Up. I didn't participate in last week's, but I'm here this time! On Saturday, we went to the farmers' market and I got some maple syrup; I haven't tried it yet, but I'm very excited... 


We did our grocery shopping on Tuesday and I got a lot of my usuals... orange juice, soy milk, cereal, spaghetti sauce, Numi roobois chai tea, as well as two EB cheddar mac and cheeses since they were on sale. For produce, I got my usuals of dried cranberries, broccoli, and carrots, as well as sweet potatoes, russet potatoes, and lemons. (I'm planning to try out these two new recipes this week: Simple Baked Sweet Potatoes and Greek Lemon Soy Curls and Potatoes.) 


And finally, two new foods I got during the grocery trip...

Giant brand hummus: I went with the roasted red pepper, which I had with pretzel sticks. It's alright, a bit thinner than other store-bought hummus I've tried before. I'll probably test out some of the other flavors; maybe I'll try the garlic one next.




Royal Blend rice mix: I wanted to try a different quick-cooking rice, and this looked fun. I added broccoli and carrots, as well as some Bragg's and peanut butter for a delicious burrito. 




Peace. :)

12 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,
    Thanks for sharing your vegan haul! I love maple syrup. I hope it was cheaper where you purchased it. It is so expensive in my local health food stores. I will have to check out my local farmer's market as well to see what is available. I also like to try out different hummus flavors. Some work, some don't. But it's still fun to try new products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah! Yes, it's always fun to try new foods! The maple syrup was a bit expensive, but it was definitely nice to buy from a local farm! :)

      Delete
  2. I straight up love that you add peanut butter to your burritos :D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I add peanut butter to pretty much anything I can, haha! :D

      Delete
  3. I just bought maple syrup too. It's so expensive here but we have one discount supermarket called Aldi that has it for around half the price of everywhere else. Not sure what to use it for yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! :) We have Aldi's around here as well, though I haven't been to one in a while.

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for the link up and mentioned so glad you joined in! Great hummus finds and look at that Maple Syrup! Nice!!!! The burrito looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! Glad I got to join in this time -- now I need to check out everyone else that linked up! :)

      Delete
  5. Mmmmmm Maple Syrup!!!! It's so good! I love the Halloween table cloth in the background =) The burrito looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimmy! Yeah, the Halloween tablecloth is definitely going to be in the background of lots of photos this month hehe! :)

      Delete
  6. I have to try that combo for a burrito, I love make-shift peanut sauces!

    ReplyDelete