Pages

Friday, November 20, 2015

BBQ Jackfruit

Hello everyone! This week I tried out the Upton's Naturals Bar-B-Que Jackfruit that I'd ordered from Vegan Essentials. 


It was good, though not as great as I was expecting, haha. Here's how I had it...


over rice with broccoli and carrots (OK)

mixed in with rice, broccoli, and carrots in a burrito (better)

over mashed potatoes (best)

In other news, I am on a roll with NaNoWriMo, having written 2,000+ words each day, so I am currently at a word count of 42,011!

Here's Cringer staring intently at her shadow, Daisy looking silly in the middle of licking her lips...



...Leela all lined up with the sunshine, and Buttons on her favorite perch.



Peace. :)

11 comments:

  1. Yum yum yum! Ahhh we don't have anything so exciting as the Uptons stuff here in the UK but you've made me want to head to the Chinese supermarket and make BBQ jackfruit again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! I'll definitely have to try preparing it myself sometime! :)

      Delete
  2. I think I had a tiny bit of this at Vida Vegan Bizarre and it was nice, but of course I can't get anything remotely Uptons here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or, you know, the Bazaar... it wasn't bizarre at all. ;)

      Delete
    2. Hopefully Uptons will make its way to you soon! The non-bizarre bazaar -- hehehe! :D

      Delete
  3. I've made BBQ jackrfuit from a can before, it was surprisingly easy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to keep an eye out for canned jackfruit; I'm sure it would be fun to make it myself! :)

      Delete
  4. Never tried using jackfruit, even though I have a tin on my cupboard. You've inspired me to give it a go, cheers! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jasmine; good luck with trying it out! :)

      Delete
  5. I've had some sitting in my cupboard for awhile, wasn't sure what to do with it. Too bad it isn't amazing as I was kind of hoping it would be ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing I didn't try was to have it in a bun like a "pulled pork" sandwich; that would have probably been best! :)

      Delete