Pages

Friday, November 6, 2015

Vegan Salami & Cheese Bagel Sandwich

Hello everyone! Recently I had a random dream where I was making myself a vegan salami & cheese sandwich on a bagel. I didn't think there were any vegan versions of salami, but sure enough, when I went to Wegmans that night, what did I find...


To recreate this simple sandwich, I melted two Daiya cheddar cheese slices in the microwave on half of the bagel and then added four slices of salami (it was a bit thinner than I would have preferred) and the top of the bagel. It worked for a quick lunch, but it certainly wasn't as exciting as the dream made it out to be, haha! 




Hope everyone had a good Halloween; here were our treats for trick-or-treaters...




Peace. :)

8 comments:

  1. Food in dreams is often more exciting, but that still looks like a pretty nice lunch. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan; that seems to be the case, haha! :)

      Delete
  2. I feel like if you think or dream it, there is already a vegan version SOMEWHERE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or if there isn't yet, it's soon on its way to being created! :D

      Delete
  3. I love that you had a dream about it and then found it in real life! We have a Scottish company here called VeganDeli who make a really good range of slicing sausages which are great on sandwiches and pizza. They are quite hard to find though. It's the same company that make Scheese which I think has made it way over the pond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VeganDeli sounds great! I haven't seen Scheese yet but I will be sure to keep an eye out for it! :)

      Delete
  4. Vegan salami? Wow! I love how you dream vegan haha ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks, Kimmy! :D (Oh and by the way, not sure what I'm doing wrong, but my comments on your blog don't show up when I click "post comment." I've been enjoying your posts, though!)

      Delete