Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2016

General Tso's Vegan Chik'n

Hello everyone! We've gotten 24 inches of snow so far, and it's still coming down, but the blizzard should be wrapping up soon! The new recipe I tried earlier this week, thanks to a recommendation from My cat loves Daiya!, was General Tso's Vegan Chik'n from Raw Till Whenever. 


In making this new recipe, I finally tried sriracha, as well as hoisin sauce, so that was exciting. Apart from the pieces getting a bit burnt in spots, everything turned out perfectly; this is definitely a recipe I will make again, no doubt about it!


Peace. :)

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan; we did, plus the kitties were extra cuddly, haha! :D

      Delete
  2. Um, that looks AMAZING. My husband hates cauliflower (I KNOW) so I'm saving that recipe for nights when we cook for ourselves. Yum. Stay warm and safe up there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Hannah; hope you enjoy it! :D

      Delete
  3. Looks so yummy! I just had roast cauliflower for the first time over the weekend (eek, I know) and it was delicious so I am definitely adding this to my 'to cook' list!

    I hope you guys manage ok with the snow and have plenty of supplies in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny; this is definitely my favorite way to prepare cauliflower so far! :D

      Delete
  4. Now that's a good looking bowl! I hope you are finding your way out of the mounds of snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimmy! Yep, it was a lot of digging, but we managed to find our way out, haha! :D

      Delete
  5. I love these cauliflower recipes where people batter them and cover it in a sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! It was so good, I've already made it again! :D

      Delete
  6. I've been eyeing up that recipe after seeing it on My Cat Loves Daiya. I love roast cauliflower. Hope you're ok with all that snow. It's far more than we ever get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm so glad I finally tried it; it's such a great recipe! :D And thanks; it was quite a bit of snow, but at least half of it's already melted away!

      Delete