Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2016

New Food in January

Hello everyone! January seemed to fly by pretty quickly, so I figured I would do a post with some of the fun new foods I've tried this month.

First up are two Amy's products... The Indian samosa wrap was good, but I much preferred the bean & rice burrito.




Next we have some fancy vegan cheeses. My brother-in-law Ben suggested we try a Miyoko's cheese when he visited me and Zach, so we stopped by the health food store and decided on the double cream garlic herb. We had it with crackers, and it was absolutely amazing! I also tried it as a spread on a toasted bagel, and I didn't even need to use that much of it. Yum all around. 




So, needless to say, now Zach and I want to try all the fancy vegan cheeses haha! The next one was the Treeline herb-garlic flavor, for comparison purposes. Overall, we much preferred Miyoko's, but I did appreciate that this Treeline one came in a plastic container with a lid (less mess, more convenient) instead of a packet that had to be cut open. 




And now, last but not least, two new Gardein items that I tried... I really liked the turk'y cutlets, especially since they came with gravy; they were perfect with mashed potatoes.


 
The pocket meal, on the other hand, wasn't that great (but it was buy one, get one free so I'm not complaining too much). I guess it just seemed odd that the outer layer was breaded chick'n, like that's not really how I would picture a “pocket meal” haha. The filling was good, though. 



Peace. :)

4 comments:

  1. Aw I really hope Miyoko ships some of these goodies over to the UK soon! :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed; I hope they will make their way over so you can enjoy them, too! :)

      Delete
  2. Man where did you find the Miyoko cheese? I can't find any places East Coast that sell it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it at Kimberton Whole Foods; Miyoko's website has a retail locations page (http://shop.miyokoskitchen.com/pages/our-retail-locations), maybe that could help?

      Delete