Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

(An Attempt at) Vegan Mounds Bars

Hello everyone! Yesterday I tried making vegan Mounds/Bounty bars using this recipe from Floral Frosting. 


The coconut bars came together easily, but the whole dipping-in-chocolate part only worked for the first few (the next started falling apart in the chocolate). So, after that, I tried dipping just the ends and also spooning/pouring out the chocolate on top. I even got “fancy” (by accident) and crumbled chocolate on top of some for decoration, haha.



For all that they didn't turn out quite right, they were delicious and fun to prepare, so I definitely want to have another go at making these sometime.

Peace. :)

4 comments:

  1. As long as they were tasty, that is all that matters. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed; pretty food is nice, but tasty treats are what's really important! :)

      Delete
  2. I can't dip chocolate either. I just need one those chocolate coating machines with little conveyer belts and chocolate waterfalls. Totally worth the several thousand bucks right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly; I think I'll settle for my sloppily-dipped chocolates, though, haha! :D

      Delete