Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Baked Vegan Mozzarella Sticks

Hello everyone! I decided to try to make baked mozzarella sticks this week, but the real inspiration for doing this was I had a dream that I made BBQ mozzarella sticks – which was probably inspired by me having made the General Tso's tofu – and I really wanted to try it out.

I sliced up a Follow Your Heart vegan mozzarella block, dunked the pieces in a mix of water and whole wheat flour, then breadcrumbs, and baked them for 10 minutes. I then dunked some in BBQ sauce but left most of them plain – in case it turned out to be a bad idea – and then put them all back in for another five minutes. Zach thought the sauce was a gross idea, so he just had the regular ones, dipping them in pasta sauce. I tried both, but I absolutely loved the BBQ ones. 



I made another batch of plain mozzarella sticks today, this time going with Zach's suggestion of brushing over a bit of melted Earth Balance before baking them another five minutes. They turned out well, but I used a thinner tray this time and several of the mozzarella sticks burst open with cheese. Whoops. All in all,
Zach liked this version best.  


Here's Daisy checking out the mozzarella sticks today... 



In other news, for those of you who are interested, I made an author page for myself on Facebook this week.

Peace. :)

4 comments:

  1. BBQ mozzarella sticks! Genius! :) These are definitely on the menu for our next movie night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mozzarella sticks sound so good! I have never had them, though I meant to last time I was in the US. I got distracted by some other sort of food. One day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mozzarella sticks are very good indeed; hope you get to try them someday! :)

      Delete