Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Random Food in February & March

Hello everyone! Figured I would do a random food post since I haven't in a while, so prepare for lots of food photos!
February

Classic Double Cream Chive – Another great cheese from Miyoko's Creamery, delicious on crackers & bagels! 





Daiya Supreme Pizza – Good, but I still wish Daiya made a thicker crust, like the Tofutti pizzas. 






Double Cream Sundried Tomato Garlic – Good with crackers and on bagels, but absolutely amazing in pasta! 







Peanut Butter Cheesecake – An amazingly delicious dessert from Vegan Treats! So very good! 






March

SuTao Cafe – Alena and I went to SuTao again! These are the pics she took; mine came out very blurry, haha! 





Bagels – I made another attempt at bagels, but this time the fault wasn't all mine; the hook in the bread machine appeared to have gotten stuck during the dough cycle, so the dough was a bit of a fail. I tried to redeem it, and at least some bagels turned out vaguely bagel-like. They still tasted good, though, and that's all that matters!




Ben's Chili – Zach's brother Ben visited and made an awesome chili! 



Aged English Smoked Farmhouse – Eh, this one wasn't that great. It was a harder cheese and a bit too smoky of a taste for me. 





Country Style Herbes de Provence – The cheese itself is good, but the herb coating is a bit too much. I kinda feel like it might have been better with less of the herbs but then actually incorporating them into the cheese. Still good, though.





Gardein Crispy Chick'n Sliders – The first time we tried these was at a get-together hosted by Zach's parents. They were pretty good, so we tried them again, this time with tater tots! 





Well, it looks like it's time to get started on the chamomile lavender cupcakes (using this recipe); Zach and I are hosting Easter dinner this year, so I'll have pics from that for my next post!

P.S. Flowery photo from the first day of spring... 



Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. I was able to try the smoked farmhouse Miyoko's in the US last year, and it was one of my favourites. We can get the chive and tomato ones here that you have up above, but they are very heavy on coconut oil so I can't really eat them unless I want to feel sick. I wish we could get some of the harder cheeses here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you liked the smoked farmhouse cheese; I should tell them to send it your way instead, hehe! :) That's a shame that the ones by you have too much coconut oil.

      Delete
  2. You are so lucky to have such easy access to so many Miyoko cheeses! I wish I could try them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer; they are really good -- hopefully they start showing up near you soon! :)

      Delete
  3. Mmmm Miyoko's cheeses are sooooo good! She really nails that creamy texture.
    I just recently tried the Daiya pizza recently for the first time and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was, especially for frozen pizza. It's gluten-free, that's why it's so thin. It's hard to make a thick one gf.
    The pb cheesecake looks amazing! Wow. The chicken sliders look good too - I'll have to try them (and tater tots! yay!).
    Looking forward to the cupcake pictures =)
    Great eats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kimmy! Miyoko's cheeses are amazing indeed! I think my favorite Daiya pizza is the fire-roasted vegetable one. :)
      P.S. My comments haven't been showing up on your blog, so I just wanted to say congratulations on organizing the vegan prom; it looks like it went really well! :D

      Delete