Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Blackbird Pizzeria and Vegan Tree

Hello everyone! Today Zach and I visited my sister Alena in Philly, and it was a lot of fun! We went to Blackbird Pizzeria for lunch, ordering a large pizza (half pepperoni, half plain) to share. The pepperoni (made with seitan) was great, and Zach enjoyed the plain pizza. 


Alena also got a cheesesteak (Blackbird Pizzeria won this year's Best Vegan Cheesesteak in Philly contest)... 



...and Zach got a side of fries (not pictured, but they were good; I made sure to grab some hehe).

After that, we walked along South Street, checking out a comic book store, and then heading over to my favorite bookstore -- Wooden Shoe Books -- but it was closed for the day.

Alena had recommended that I try the banana strawberry smoothie at Vegan Tree, so she and I each got one, and it was amazing (a bit messy because it got overfilled and then a lid squished on, but absolutely delicious and well worth the sticky fingers haha). Here's a pic of Alena's, almost finished... 



And here's some nice art we saw on our walk... 







P.S. I got to see this cutie, the sweet little Blu!



Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. Holy crap that pizza looks good! Super thick crust just like I like :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a perfect crust; super delicious! :)

      Delete
  2. I really want to visit Philly one day, and I have heard so many good things about Blackbird. That pizza looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blackbird is definitely amazing! :D

      Delete
  3. *drools* I love Blackbird. In fact it really prevents me from actually going to some of the other vegan places like Vegan Tree XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, there are lots of vegan places I still want to try in Philly, but my sister and I keep feeling drawn back to Blackbird every time I visit, haha! :)

      Delete