Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Vegan Easter 2016

Hello everyone! Zach and I hosted a vegan Easter dinner this year, and it was pretty fun! For a snack before dinner, we had two Miyoko's Creamery cheeses (garlic herb & chive) with three different kinds of crackers, but I forgot to take a picture!

For dinner, my dad made Easter vegetable soup... 



My mom made roasted red potatoes and green beans... 




Zach's mom made cinnamon butter crescent rolls... 



And I made agave-glazed kielbasa (ingredients: Tofurky kielbasa, olive oil, agave nectar, cinnamon, orange juice, and brown sugar), asparagus and saffron and garlic aioli, and au gratin potatoes...





My plate :)

For dessert, I made chamomile lavender cupcakes. I've made them before, but they turned out looking a bit weird this time (I think the problem was too much coconut oil), but they still tasted good. I made another batch of the cupcakes last night (minus the icing), experimenting with some changes: grinding the lavender, chamomile, and 1/4 cup sugar (then adding the 1/2 cup remaining sugar); only 1/8 cup melted coconut oil; combining the coconut oil thoroughly with the lavender/chamomile/sugar before adding the coconut milk (instead of almond milk); 1 ¼ cups flour; and 3 T of the final batter for each cupcake. And they turned out much better this time... 



In other news, tomorrow starts the Phoenixville Vegan Pledge (by Peace Advocacy Network); this will be my fourth year being a mentor, so I'm excited!

Peace. :)

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great spread! Potlucks are the best =) Everything looks so good, but the au gratin potatoes especially. And the cupcakes sound simply divine!
    Happy mentoring =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kimmy! The mentoring is going well! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! It certainly was yummy! :)

      Delete