Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Baked Ziti

Hello everyone! This week I tried vegan baked ziti, one of the recipes from my random cookbook. It was a hand-written recipe, so I wasn't exactly sure where it was from, but after a quick bit of sleuthing online, I found the recipe here on VegWeb. 


My changes were to use 4 tsp dried parsley, 1 cup (instead of ¼ cup) vegan mozzarella for the topping, and no breadcrumbs. It turned out really well, very delicious indeed! The recipe says it serves 4, but it's definitely more than that, so if I make this recipe again, I'll halve it. Also, I'll skip the tofu next time; I was never much of a ricotta fan before going vegan, and I didn't particularly care for this vegan ricotta. Overall, though, this recipe gets a thumbs up from me!


Served with a “garlic bread” bagel.

Caught mid-yawn, here's Leela looking silly...



Peace. :)

2 comments:

  1. I had the sudden erge to make this too! I kind-of winged it (I mean baked ziti is pretty easy) but I added a shredded yellow squash into the ricotta, and it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, great idea with adding the shredded squash! Glad you liked it! :D

      Delete