Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Grilled Peach & Tempeh Kebabs

Hello everyone! The new recipe I tried this week was the Grilled Peach & Tempeh Kebabs with Peach Barbecue Glaze from the July/August VegNews magazine. I used my panini press/grill; it worked well. This recipe was really fun, a bit messy, but definitely delicious. (A couple of the tempeh pieces split when I skewered them, but they managed to hang on long enough to get grilled.) 





Here's Cringer being a cutie, napping on my desk...




Peace. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, grilled peach and tempeh sounds lovely! I can't wait for it to be stone fruit season here... soon. Though that means crushing summer humidity and temperatures... and too hot to go outside to the BBQ, but I can inside grill like you. :D

    I have to confess that I hate eating food on skewers. As soon as I am done grilling it, I pull it off so I can just eat it with a fork. Or if it is something that is baked in the oven, I just skip the skewers all together. Is this strange? I know skewers are meant to be fun but I suspect I am just not graceful enough to not poke myself or get a splinter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan; it was a great combo! Inside grilling is definitely the way to go! And yeah, I don't like eating from skewers either; after the pictures, I just slid the peaches & tempeh off to eat with a fork haha!

      Delete
  2. Mmm... grilled peaches! It is the perfect time to eat them. They are the only thing good about the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peaches are such a lovely summer treat! :)

      Delete