Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

MiniMoFo #1: Signature Dish

Hi everyone! For this prompt, I decided to make one of my favorite easy meals: vegetable orzo. 


It's something I made a lot when I first went vegan, and there's been at least three potlucks that I can remember making some variation of this as my contribution. I hadn't had vegetable orzo in a while, though, so it was fun and nostalgic to prepare it for this challenge. 



Just cook the orzo in vegetable broth, add the frozen veggies (in this case: broccoli, carrot, cauliflower) to steam for a few minutes at the end, and mix in a chopped-up Boca chick'n patty. Nice & simple!


Daisy, being a little creeper, asks, "Is there any for me?"

Check out the first MiniMoFo round-up here and the prompt for the second challenge here!


Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. And was there any for Daisy?? ;)
    I don't really have a signature dish, so I just Instagrammed one of my green lunch bowls that I have most days when I am at home. I am much better prepared for this next food crush challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I kept it all for myself hehe!
      I saw your green bowl on the round-up; it looked good! :)

      Delete
  2. For some reason I've only ever put orzo in soup. This sounds great and nice and quick too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Orzo's great in soup, too, but this is definitely my favorite way to prepare it! :)

      Delete
  3. This looks really tasty. It makes me feel kind of nostalgic for my early vegan days, as I used to make a lot of similar dishes. And sometimes simple really does taste better. I like that you can play around with the veggies too, based on what you have. I love the creeper!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Nostalgic meals are the best! :D

      Delete