Pages

Friday, October 28, 2016

Homemade Chex Mix

Hi everyone! Last night I tried House Vegan's recipe for homemade chex mix. I halved the recipe and used Cascadian Farm Multi Grain Squares for the chex, as well as mini pretzels and broken-up bagel chips. I baked the chex mix for 25 minutes and then let it cool for a bit before digging in... 

YUM!

It's really fun & easy to make your own chex mix, so I'll definitely revisit this recipe soon! I think next time I'll still do only half of the chex mix, but with the full amount of seasonings. (I'm used to the bagged chex mix, which is super salty haha!)




Well, there's only a few more days until Vegan MoFo 2016 (and NaNoWriMo)! I'm hoping to get in two more posts before November -- my Phoenixville VegFest recap and a September/October new foods post, so we'll see how that goes!


In the meantime, here are some sunshine kitties...






Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh what! I've never seen the Cascadian Farms squares! I've been using Life cereal which works, but these look much better. I'm glad you liked the chex mix! The full amount does make like SO MUCH haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I found them at Wegmans; they worked really well! I'm excited to experiment with different combinations of snacky things for future chex mixes! :)

      Delete
  2. I used to love chex mix so much. I haven't had any since going vegan. I'm going to have to check out that recipe. I definitely like snacking more in the cooler months. What beautiful sun bathing beauties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely be sure to check out that recipe; it's really good! :) She also has a spicy version, which I have yet to try: http://www.housevegan.com/2014/09/spicy-vegan-chex-mix.html

      Delete
  3. Sweet kitties enjoying the sun!
    I don't think I have ever had chex mix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chex mix is such a fun snack; I'm ready to make another batch soon! :)

      Delete