Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Phoenixville VegFest 2016

Hey everyone! It's VegFest recap time! 

The first-ever Phoenixville VegFest, sponsored by the Peace Advocacy Network (PAN), was held on September 17. I showed up early to volunteer and help vendors get set up. Then, once VegFest began at noon, Zach and my sister Alena joined me to walk around and enjoy the festivities! 


We got lunch from LUHV Food: their vegan black bean burger (with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and mayo) served with chips and a pickle. It was really good! 



Then we made another round of the festival, being sure to visit the cute pig from the Pig Placement Network...



Vendors were set up in the parking lot on the corner of Bridge and Main Streets...








...and on the inclined section of Main Street...



Of course, it wasn't long before we got popsicles from Mompops...



I got the Banana Raspberry Cream, which was really good!



...and Alena got the Strawberry Lemonade...



Fortified with our popsicles, we joined the long, long line for Vegan Treats. Once we got close enough, I took lots of pictures!














Our delicious purchases made, we walked home to drop off our goodies. By that point, Zach's parents and his brother Ben had arrived, so we headed back to VegFest and also made a stop at Bridge Street Chocolates. There, we tried samples of vegan chocolates, and Zach and I bought some blueberry chocolate bark.


All in all, it was a fun event with lots of walking, yummy food, fun samples to try, and cute rescue animals. But before long, it was time to help with breaking down VegFest. I eventually found my niche in the role of the barricade person, moving it each time vendors needed to drive into/out of the parking lot. 


Instead of cooking dinner after such a long day, Zach and I decided to walk to a new-to-us Chinese take-out restaurant: New Tea Garden. When I asked about their vegan items, the lady was so helpful; she went through the entire menu with us, pointing out what was vegan and explaining what could be made vegan. (She even circled the vegan items on the menu for me, so I've saved it for future reference!) There were so many choices, it was overwhelming in a good way! I ended up ordering the tofu and broccoli in garlic sauce (with rice) and Zach got the vegetable chow mein. It was so good, and there were lots of leftovers, too!



Here's Buttons pinning me down once we finally settled in for the night...



And here's all the VegFest goodies I enjoyed in the days after... First up is a sticky bun from Vegan Treats: so good, so sweet, so nutty!




Then I had the pumpkin cannoli, again from Vegan Treats; it was good, but I guess I'm not much of a cannoli person overall.




My third and final treat from Vegan Treats was a blueberry cheesecake wrapped in white chocolate. It was absolutely amazing!



And last but not least was the blueberry chocolate bark from Bridge Street Chocolates; Zach and I both really enjoyed it!



Well, that's about it for Phoenixville VegFest 2016; can't wait for next year's!


Peace. :)

8 comments:

  1. I don't even know where to start! Looks like an amazing Vegfest, really big which is awesome! All those treats made my eyes bulge!
    The cheesecake called my name. Vegan white chocolate is something I've only been able to try once in my life.
    I love the satisfied look on Button's face! He is so content.
    I had a blueberry bark once, it was dehydrated blueberries in dark chocolate and it was divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was definitely a big vegfest! I seriously could not believe how amazing the cheesecake was! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, what lovely looking treats! And good on you for helping out as a volunteer, sounds like a great Vegfest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; it was fun volunteering & a neat way to see behind the scenes of a vegfest! :)

      Delete
  3. Wowsers, I am seriously impressed at all those lovely goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan; it was so tough to decide on just a few goodies! :)

      Delete
  4. I don't know if I would like a pumpkin cannoli either. But then again I find them so rich that I have a bite and then like "i'm done thanks!" XD That blueberry bark looks the best though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I just had to try the pumpkin cannoli because fall means pumpkin in everything haha! The blueberry bark was definitely great! :)

      Delete