Pages

Monday, November 21, 2016

Bacon & Cheese Omelette

Hi everyone! Vegan MoFo's Memories & Traditions theme week has begun (here's the round-up for last week), and the prompt for today is: Favorite memory – What’s your favorite ever food memory? Recreate it. Growing up, my family often went to a diner in town for Sunday breakfast, and I always ordered the same thing: a bacon & cheese omelette. To recreate a vegan version of it, I used the VeganEgg, some Lightlife bacon, and a slice of Chao (creamy original). The omelette was pretty good; it tasted quite similar to how I remembered it, especially the Chao cheese!



Here's a sleepy Daisy...



Peace. :)

8 comments:

  1. Looks pretty great! We don't get Chao Cheese or Lightlife bacon here. Normally I am not a big fan of faux bacon (I prefer tempeh bacon), but I had the Lifelight one in the US once and I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! I love tempeh bacon, too; I haven't had it in a while, though!

      Delete
  2. I don't have access to Chao Cheese, Lightlife bacon or VeganEgg, so now I'm jealous and miserable - boo your deliciously tempting food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame that you don't have any of them available near you; hopefully that changes soon!

      Delete
  3. I still haven't tried the veganegg!!! Look at that melt. I swear Chao cheese is the most like dairy cheese, especially when it melts. It stays thick instead of getting liquid-y. If I ever get around to trying the Veganegg, I will be making an omelette for sure!
    Pretty Daisy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chao cheese melts amazingly well! Hopefully you'll get to try the VeganEgg soon!

      Delete
  4. You have good omelette making skills. That looks lovely. I wish we could get chao cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much; this was my first time ever making an omelette, so I was impressed with how well it turned out!

      Delete