Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Cookbooks

Hi everyone! Today's Vegan MoFo prompt is: Cookbooks – Show us your favorite cookbooks! I don't have too many cookbooks, but the ones I have, I really like. My favorite is Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food by Alicia C. Simpson; I posted about it here during last year's Vegan MoFo. I've tried lots of yummy recipes from it, but my overall favorite is the veganized orange chik'n


I love my random cookbook; it's a re-purposed photo album (the sleeves hold recipes I've found online as well as ones my mom has cut out from magazines/newspapers and mailed to me).




I've been trying more recipes from Isa Does It by Isa Chandra Moskowitz, and they've turned out really well, like the Omaha Yakisoba from earlier this month and the marbled banana bread. I especially love this cookbook for how beautiful the photography is!
 


And today, my brother-in-law Ben gave me a new cookbook (Vegan: 60 Vegetable-Driven Recipes for Any Kitchen by Gena Hamshaw). I've already paged through it and found the recipes I want to try first: peach crumble coffee cake, butternut squash mac and cheese, lentil sloppy joes, and double-chocolate brownies!


Here's Leela: another morning, another meditation...



Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. I don't know the top one, I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I'm a huge fan of Isa Does It though, it's definitely one of my most-used books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it as a gift years ago when I first went vegan; it has so many great recipes! :)
      There's lots of Isa Does It recipes that I can't wait to try!

      Delete
  2. Isa Does It is a big favourite of mine. And I got Food 52 Earlier this year, it is quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome; I know you have good taste in cookbooks! :D

      Delete
  3. I love having a scrapbook/binder full of recipes. It is best way to save them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very convenient, for sure! :)

      Delete