Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Dom's Bacon and Eggs

Hey everyone! Today's Vegan MoFo prompt is: Feed the Alien – An alien lands on your doorstep. What are they going to eat? I had a little chuckle because this prompt was perfect for another Veganlist post!

In "The Artax Network (No. 41)" (Season 3, Episode 20), Red shows up on the doorstep of Elizabeth Keen's grandfather (Dom) after his experience in Cape May (as discussed here yesterday), and they have a bit of a tense visit, during which Dom makes them some bacon and eggs.



To make this breakfast this morning, I used Lightlife bacon, cooked in some canola oil and liquid smoke, and finally gave the VeganEgg a try. It went well overall and scrambled easily, but I'm glad I finally ordered some kala namak; it was definitely necessary to sprinkle some on top of the scrambled "eggs" for an eggy flavor. The texture was good, though, definitely egg-like, and I look forward to trying to make an omelette next since I still have more of the packet left. 



For today's cute kitty picture, here's Leela; I think she might sense an alien...



Peace. :)

6 comments:

  1. Leela, are you communicating with someone?
    I wasn't a huge fan of the Vegan Egg as a scramble, but I want to try and make a quiche or something with it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, probably! :D
      Yeah, after an omelette, a quiche is next on my list of things to try with the VeganEgg. Hope it works well for you!

      Delete
  2. I agree with you about the texture being good but needing seasoning well. We have made scramble a few times and Matt made a mushroom omelette with it last week when we were on holiday. It turned out great. Definitely worth trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum, the mushroom omelette sounds great! :D

      Delete
  3. I agree- it does seem like they need a slightly more eggy flavor. I found that using cold homemade broth/stock instead of water helps in the flavor department.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea; I will have to remember that for next time! :D

      Delete