Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Kapusta i Lazanki

Hi everyone! Today's Vegan MoFo prompt is: Holiday Test Run – It’s always good to practice – show off your hits and misses. I've been thinking about making some dishes for a mini-Wigilia, so I decided to test a recipe -- kapusta i lazanki (cabbage and noodles) -- for my dinner tonight. I followed this recipe and halved it, using vegan substitutions (vegan butter & sour cream, fusilli instead of egg noodles). Since I used red cabbage, everything turned a purple-pink color, hehe! Taste-wise, it was good but not great. I kinda wish there had been more mushrooms; the mushrooms were really good in this! If I do make it again, I think I'll decrease the cabbage and increase the mushrooms so there's a better balance.



Here's Cringer being a sleepy cutie...



Peace. :)

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks beautiful! This is the second post about wigilia I've seen in Mofo, despite never having heard of it before. I've learned so much this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! I've been learning more about Wigilia as well; I've never actually celebrated it, but quite a few of the traditions can be found in my family's Christmas dinner!

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of Wigilia before!
    I have heard of cabbage and noodles, of course, but it had a different name that I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun to see how many traditional Wigilia recipes can be easily veganized! Cabbage and noodles, by any name, is sure to be good hehe!

      Delete